Torn City Basic – Re:Hunting: Gains (we need your help) – TCBasic Forum

TCBasic Forum

homepost replythreaded viewruleshelp

Forum List Torn City Discussion Submit Info
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
TheThirdMark User Master

Re:Hunting: Gains (we need your help)2007/07/04 20:44 Nice work mate! How long did it take you to get 40+ skill? 2 months full training or something?
  | | The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hogfather User Veteran

Re:Hunting: Gains (we need your help)2007/07/05 01:11 I’m not entirely sure. I can’t say for certain due to the skill gain reducing on each turn. The best way to think about the gains is to picture a rollercoaster. As you climb up the first drop is seems to take a long time. This is down to the fact you lose money per hunting trip. e.g. 40k for the flight. + -500 for each hunt. So unless you have a spare million which you don’t need, You’ll spend 10 goes hunting then need to come back to TC to raise the cash to hunt again. Meaning you lose around a day of playing the game due to the 9 hours travel time (however there are ways to reduce this feeling of 9 hours) So you then need to raise another 40k and then some extra cash (say 20k) to hunt without going broke and still having energy left over. However as your stats raise and you begin to make profit on each hunt. you’ll notice that you build up stats much quickly. *this is when the rollercoaster goes down the first drop* However it then reaches a point where it slows down again. Whilst your making profit and only need to make the 40K + 5k insurance (for hunting payment) for each trip. You make money from the hunting in order to hunt again, but your stat increase lowers. So you’ll find the stat gains taking longer than previously. Right now I only just get 0.020 skill each hunt. So it takes around 1 or 2 sets of ten before my skill increases by 1 and I notice a difference in the cash gained. I know that by the time I reach 50 skill it’s going to feel like an age before I start to notice significant money increases. This is where the rollercoaster begins a second much longer slow climb. So when you start out hunting at skill 0 Unless you go to africa with around 1 million or 500k. (an obsense ammount of money) the stat building is painfully slow at first. Because you need to keep returning to TC to make money from crimes/gambling/selling etc, in order to pay for the trip back and the hunting fee. However once you reach around 15.000 hunting skill, you’ll start to make enough profit to stay in Africa for as long as you like without returning to TC in order to make up money from your hunting fee losses. At this point you can increase stats much quickly. But once you reach the mid 20’s and progress into the 30’s you’ll notice a painfully slow down of hunting stat gaining meaning you’ll have to stay in Africa for longer periods in order to notice an increase. For instance. I typically spend at least 5 days minimum Hunting right now, it allows me to return with a good investment and a decent increase in stats. However I did once read on TC that someone who didn’t play the game often was on around 79 skill and it took him nearly 2 months to get his stats upto 90skill at which point his skill increase was 0. As you can imagine, hunting is a killer for battle stats, and you can kiss faction membership goodbye. Also I whilst it would help your hunting skill increase. Unless you personally get donator packs from the auction house on a regular basis, I would advise against hunting when you have either bourght a Donator pack using read cash, or if you only get them because your faction provides them. However a good thing about spending all this time hunting is that you get a nice suprise when you see the increase in job stats and how your education length is reduced.
Hogfather User Veteran

Re:Hunting: Gains (we need your help)2007/07/05 11:10 Hunting Skill: 48.0227 = $2737.5
Hogfather User Veteran

Re:Hunting: Gains (we need your help)2007/07/09 02:00 Hunting Skill: 48.5705 = $3376
Hogfather User Veteran

Re:Hunting: Gains (we need your help)2007/07/11 15:51 Hunting Skill: 50.3154 = $2941
TheThirdMark User Master

Re:Hunting: Gains (we need your help)2007/07/11 16:46 Djeez. But I guess it would take 20 complete days to get that far. From 30 to 50skill that is.
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>
Forum List Torn City Discussion Submit Info
Share to friends
TCBasic