Last Updated on Monday, 07 January 2013 15:53
New players kept asking us about marriage, so here’s all of the info you should need.
Benefits of Marriage
There are a few benefits of marrying someone. Here are the main ones:
- You get to share your house, if your partner has a bigger better house than yours you’ll automatically live in that (Remember, higher happy, or a better house, benefits all aspects of TC) and you still get to keep yours, even though you can’t see it on your home page, and you can still sell/buy other houses.
- When you’ve stayed married for a certain amount of time you’ll receive awards for your dedication and awards= merits. To check out what awards you can get for , go to the award info page.
- Often you can marry people who have good alliances which can come in handy when you’re getting warred/picked on.
- If you’re smart enough you can get your spouse to send you gifts!( Remember ladies, the girl to guy ratio in TC can be exploited, if you’re so inclined… )
How to Propose
To propose, the first thing you need is a ring. To get a ring you can either steal one, by doing the shoplifting crime and robbing the jewellery shop, or if you’re not good enough or dont want to risk it, you can always buy one from the auction house or from the item market. If you want to check what rings there are and their prices, check our items > jewellery list.
Once you’ve got a ring, go into your items inventory and click on [propose], next to the ring you want to propose with and enter the ID of the person you want to propose to where it asks you to.
How to Accept / Keep track of Propositions
To check these, go to Preferences > Player Management.
Under this function you get to manage any proposals you have made/received (i.e. accept/reject/cancel them). For more information on this function check out our Preferences tutorial.
How to Divorce
To divorce, go City>Southside>Divorce Agency , and the procedure from here is quite straight forward. You have to be married for 7 days to be able to get a divorce.
Other Things you should Note:
- You lose the ring once you propose, but get it back if they reject you or if you divorce.
- Be warned, if you’ve been sleeping around ( or gold digging), everyone can find out just by looking at your profile; It displays how many times you’ve been married.
- You can only be married to one person at a time.
- You can marry the same sex.
- You don’t both need to agree to have a divorce.
- You can marry yourself, just put in your own ID when you propose. You can get awards when married to yourself. You don’t an/any extra awards by doing this. (was changed)
- You also still get awards if your spouse has been deleted resulting in ‘Marital Status: Married to blank for x day(s)’.